Pages

ICC Cricket World Cup, 2014/15 news from ESPN Cricinfo.com

Sunday, February 5, 2012

At 40, MacGill sets sight on IPL


MELBOURNE: Former Australian leg-spinner Stuart MacGill, who has come out of retirement to play in the Big Bash, the much-hyped Australian Twenty20 competition, wants to ply his trade in the cash-rich IPL.

According to a report in the Sydney Morning Herald, MacGill said that his name would be up for auction in February.

The 40-year-old, who remained in the shadow of Shane Warne, made a successful comeback with the Sydney Sixers in the Big Bash, believes he can deliver in the IPL if picked by a franchise.

"I really don't want to get too far ahead of myself here, but I'm playing in the BBL because my kids thought I was getting old," MacGill told reporters on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment